Northern College is seeking an Early Childhood Education Helper in our Tikinagan Daycare Centre. The successful candidate will be punctual, reliable, and trustworthy. In addition, they will be able to work in a team and will demonstrate patience, empathy and friendliness towards the children and their parents/guardians.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Campus Manager, Moosonee, the successful candidate will concentrate on the maintenance of a quality, safe daycare environment. The incumbent will lead and monitor activities in the daycare through planning, maintaining program delivery and establishing/ maintaining collaborative relationships with families. The incumbent will provide assistance with admission and discharge of children, meal center preparation, distribution of meals and snacks and cleanliness of toys and the center.
What you will be doing:
- Assist the child care team by providing care-giving routines;
- Assist with the supervision of children in all facets of the child care schedule;
- Assist with cleaning and disinfecting of Centre; and
- Maintain effective and clear communications with co-workers, the children and the parents/guardians.
What you will need to be considered:
- 1 year practical and related child care work experience;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Current First Aid/CPR;
- WHMIS certificate required;
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a vulnerable sector criminal reference check and immunization record.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.
Having trouble with the online application form? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
You can also email your application, quoting the competition # in the subject line, to email@example.com.