At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities, a wellness program and the opportunity for work from home arrangement.
Reporting to the Dean, Learning Excellence and Innovation Department, this position supports curriculum development and technology integration through the Learning Excellence and Innovation Department at the Northern College campuses. The successful incumbent will:
- Develop learning activities using a variety of software applications to support content and curriculum design as supplied by faculty and other subject matter experts;
- Collaborate with the Dean and Project Coordinator for LEID to streamline the efforts and time required of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to effectively develop pedagogically sound courseware that is reflective of current technology practices and learning theories;
- Provide support and assistance to faculty and staff in the development of curriculum that adheres to and is reflective of current design practices, technology integration, and student engagement needs; and
- Provides general support services department and college.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- 3-year diploma or degree in Education, Instructional and/or Curriculum Design, Adult Teaching, or Higher Education or a related field;
- Certificates or completed courses in computer graphics and multimedia software applications including intermediate programming skills (HTML, Java Script, CSS, etc.);
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer graphics applications and multimedia software such as Adobe Create Cloud, Articulate Storyline, or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years related work experience and expertise in instructional design, course development, and learning management systems;
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills; and
- Ability to express and present ideas and concepts.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified internal employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.
Refer a Friend
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.