International Liaison Support Coordinator (23-34)
Northern College is seeking an International Liaison Support Coordinator in our International department. The successful candidate will be proficient in MS Excel, with excellent data processing, time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills. An in-depth knowledge/work history in the college education system and/or experience with international relations is an asset.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Manager of International Operations the successful candidate will coordinate and develop elaborate tracking system and liaise with both internal and external partners with all aspects of International activities at Northern College including off-shore, mid-shore, on-site students (international) and student exchange activities.
What you will be doing:
- Give primary but not exclusive attention to mid-shore and off-shore information processing needs, including the determination of Ontario Education Numbers, offer letter (LOA) processing (off-shore), student registration, payment processing and ROA processing.
- Work closely with the finance team with processing bank transfers including the reconciliation with student records, reconciliation with CSER reports with municipal tax grants and International Student Recovery; and
- Provide liaison to the International Office, Finance Department, Institutional Research, Academic Department, and outside international partners and agents to ensure effective and coordinated service.
A detailed job description is available from the Human Resource Services department.
What you will need to be considered:
- 2-year diploma in Business, Accounting, International Business Management or Marketing; and
- Three (3) years practical experience in accounting; data management, or Management Information System (MIS) is required.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.
Having trouble with the online application form? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
You can also email your application, quoting the competition # in the subject line, to email@example.com.