International Office Coordinator (23-07)
Northern College is seeking an International Office Coordinator in our International department. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, both written and verbal, will be able to manage their time effectively, and ensure work is performed accurately. Knowledge or history in the college education system and/or experience with international partnership and international student support would be an asset. Additional, experience in the Canadian immigration system especially international student related Canadian immigration policies, regulations, or an RISIA or RCIC certification would also be an asset. Bilingual in English/Filipino, Spanish or Portuguese would also be an asset to the successful incumbent.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Manager of International Operations, the successful candidate will develop, track and liaise with both internal and external partners for agent partnership management and maintenance, providing pre-arrival support, communication, training and coordination to agents and new intake students, and liaising with the marketing department regarding the International department marketing requirements/projects.
What you will be doing:
- Attend to Work with Canadian and overseas recruitment agent partnership development and monitoring;
- Work closely with the overseas Northern College recruitment officers and recruitment agents in Canada or outside Canada in providing pre-arrival information for new intake international students and trainings via emails, phone calls, apps and presentations (virtual or in-person); and
- Communicate with each new intake of students , their agents and other stakeholders to provide support and facilitate the procedure to ensure a smooth transition of the students before and after they arrive at the college.
A detailed job description is available from the Human Resource Services department.
What you will need to be considered:
- Minimum two-year Diploma in Business, Legal or International related field of study;
- Minimum two years of practical experience in data management, or Management Information System
- (MIS) is required; and
- Proficient with using MS Office Suite, particularly MS Power Point and MS Excel.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.
Having trouble with the online application form? Please contact email@example.com for support.
You can also email your application, quoting the competition # in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.