At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Office of the President, the incumbent’s goal is to create an outstanding international student experience for any international student studying at Northern College. The successful incumbent will:
- Assure development and implementation of a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for International Student Education and will be responsible for implementation of those ethics and standards at Northern College.
- Determine existing compliance, as well as define resources and programs needed to enhance the international student opportunities for academic and personal success;
- Compile, share and utilize best practices drawn from the system and beyond to assure standards of care and ethical practice for interactions with all Northern College International Students are exemplary;
- Collaborate with departments across the college to develop the Standards to be implemented and measured which include marketing, promotion, international agent management, student orientation and transition, support and services for student well-being and safety, and post graduate support services;
- Create an International Student Charter to articulate Northern College’s commitment to international students;
- Assure the principles of student focus, responsible and professional relationships with students, transparency, and partnerships with communities, cultural responsiveness, continuous improvement, and accountability for services to international students, are in place at Northern College;
- Collaborate with departments that service international students, creating a holistic approach to international student needs; and
- Build an asset map by community to determine supports in existence for international students as well as identification of gaps in services.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, or Science or a related field. A combination of related education and experience may be considered;
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a leadership or managerial role, including working with people of different cultures;
- Experience within the post-secondary environment related to student issues and supports required;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Training in life skills counselling;
- Knowledge of Employment Options services;
- Good knowledge of international recruiting practices;
- Familiarity with OCAS enrolment system and Global Benchmarking for EDI;
- Extensive cultural awareness and sensitivity to alternate perspectives;
- Understanding of the IRCC processes for Post Graduate Work Permit application; and
- Experience working with international students is an asset.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Refer a Friend
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.