22-31 Job Consultant/ Job Developer
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Manager, Campus and Student Services, Moosonee Campus, the Job Consultant/Job Developer is responsible for delivering Employment Services Programs in the College catchment area. The successful incumbent will:
- Develop, plan, implement and monitor activities related to employment and training programs and services. This includes case management, assisted services such as employment consulting, coaching/mentoring, placement, resource, information services and more to assist job seekers to obtain employment;
- Conduct intake interviews to determine client eligibility and needs, assessments of clients’ eligibility for various employment programs and opportunities by identifying and documenting clients’ skills, interests, abilities, barriers, educational background and work experience;
- Complete all appropriate file documentation which may include, for example, items such as: application form, service plan agreement, releases of information, and obtain necessary identification; and
- Research, develop and deliver workshops on topics as a result of the assessment process and the ongoing needs of the client.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- Two-year diploma in the field of Human Services or a related field. A diploma in Business may be considered.
- Minimum three years’ experience in career and employment guidance and counselling, employment workshop delivery, and job placement;
- Experience in an environment where analysis and assessment of client needs and barriers was required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and boat; and
- Ability to speak Mushkegowuk Cree is an asset.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.
Having trouble with the online application form? Please contact email@example.com for support.
You can also email your application, quoting the competition # in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.