At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Community, Business Development and Employment Services, the incumbent is responsible for planning, professional project management, leadership and execution of community and business development opportunities. The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of employment services, literacy and basic skills, corporate, contract, and community training and education programs across the James Bay region: The successful incumbent will:
- Work in collaboration with the communities across the region, as well as regional businesses, organizations and other indigenous institutes and organizations to ensure access to learning opportunities and to partner in the economic and social development of the communities;
- Determine and assess clients’ needs, customize and recommend training and education plans and develop professional quotes, proposals/contracts to support goal achievement;
- Manage, coordinate and monitor the provision of education/training services, hiring and working with contracted trainers, faculty, staff and service suppliers, conducting program evaluations and following-up to ensure results meet objectives and satisfy clients’ needs; and
- Ensure that contractual obligations, as well as departmental targets and student retention and success rates, are met through the establishment and maintenance of quality educational/training courses and exceptional customer service.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- 3-year Advanced Diploma/ Degree in Business Administration Management, Social Work, Indigenous Studies or equivalent;
- Seven years of relatable experience;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Advanced visionary thinking, strategic planning, and partnership building skills, and abilities;
- Financial experience in an environment that requires accountability for revenue targets;
- Proven supervisory experience in a setting which promotes teamwork, respect for others and recognition for effective performance; and
- Prior work experience in providing literacy training and services (asset).
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.
Having trouble with the online application form? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
You can also email your application, quoting the competition # in the subject line, to email@example.com.