Northern College is seeking a Nurse Practitioner at our East End Family Health Team. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to work under pressure. They will have the ability to operate an electronic medical record (EMR) and related technologies to work with patient records, send referrals, manage prescriptions, etc., as well as be proficient with the use of email, Microsoft Word and Power Point. Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with effective conflict resolution, mediation, problem-solving, and consensus building skills are required. Demonstrated skill in leadership, hospital and community nursing, team building, communication, and coordination is also required. Experience as an educator or preceptor and/or knowledge of quality management is an asset.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Administrative Lead the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, diagnosing, ordering, and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing medication, and ordering other treatments for patients who may be suffering from both episodic illness and chronic disease.
What you will be doing:
- Effectively manage the primary care needs of a roster of patients with the help of a multidisciplinary team.
- Be involved with health promotion activities with the aim of optimizing the health of people, families, communities, and populations;
- Function within their scope of practice; and
- Demonstrate and maintain competence in clinical NP practice in health assessment, diagnosis, and therapeutics.
A detailed job description is available from the Human Resource Services department.
What you will need to be considered:
- Master of Nursing – Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (MN-PHCNP);
- 4 years of nursing experience
- Registered with CNO: Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care (Registered Nurse Extended Class);
- Member of the Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario;
- Proof of professional liability protection (PLP); and
- Knowledge of health and social systems required.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.
Having trouble with the online application form? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
You can also email your application, quoting the competition # in the subject line, to email@example.com.