At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Northern College is seeking a qualified professional to teach a variety of courses in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Practical Nursing and Personal Support Worker programs.
As part of teaching assigned courses and clinical assignments, the successful candidate will be expected to act as an academic advisor to students in the program, participate as a leader and effective team member working in groups at the college, create a positive teaching and learning environment, using a variety of strategies and materials in the multi-modal delivery of courses. The incumbent should embody a commitment to student success and professional development and demonstrate capacity for leadership in a multi-cultural organization. In addition, the successful candidate must ensure currency and relevance of the teaching material and assessment techniques, must participate in recruitment and program promotion initiatives, and participate in professional development activities at Northern College relevant to his/her own needs.
The successful incumbent must be willing to shadow and lead simulation learning in the department, and must be able to develop and deliver curriculum with a focus on acute/critical care.
A detailed description for this program and the courses taught within it is available on Northern College’s website.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- Master of Nursing and/or Master of Science;
- PhD in Nursing and/or PhD in Science (preferred);
- 3 years current/recent experience (within the last three years) within either Science/Healthcare related field, or clinical experience with provision of direct patient care in a nursing environment;
- Nursing experience in an acute and/or long-term care setting (preferred);
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (if applicable);
- Valid First Aid/ CPR Certification;
- Ability to provide proof of required immunizations;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Valid Certification in ACLS, ATLS, PALS and NRP (preferred);
- Knowledge or experience with CASN/CNO accreditation processes (preferred);
- Certification/training/professional development with simulation in a teaching environment (preferred);
- Teaching experience using a variety of modes of delivery (video, web-based, etc.) and methodologies (preferred);
- Experience with NCLEX structure and teaching preparation requirements (preferred); and
- Experience in Nursing/Science/Healthcare related research/scholarship (preferred).
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of the College’s affirmative action program to increase the number of Indigenous academic employees, Northern College welcomes applications from qualified Indigenous applicants.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered
Refer a Friend
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.