At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment and Student Life, the successful incumbent will:
- Organize and conduct a comprehensive secondary, non-secondary and elementary school recruitment program related to the full range of programs and services at Northern College;
- Serve as a primary recruitment contact and ongoing liaison between the College and prospective students, current students, community groups, secondary schools, and other influencers in various matters relating to the application for admission, program information, course information, and college services;
- Attend the College Information Program tour, and College Dialogues and other collaborative events with public colleges throughout Ontario;
- Build networks to allow education pathway partnerships;
- Assist with planning, developing, and implementing recruitment strategies including presentations, events, open houses, tours and campaigns; and
- Assist with promotion of all campuses, programs, communities, services and acting as an ambassador of the Northern College brand and identity.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- 2-year diploma in Business, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, or in the field of Human Services;
- Minimum 2 years’ practical experience in marketing, promoting, making presentations or career counselling;
- Valid Class G Drivers License and ability to travel is required;
- Experience with budget management, project management or event planning management;
- Experience collaborating with others on projects;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, with advanced Power Point skills; and
- Experience using a customer relationship management tool is an asset.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified internal employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered
Refer a Friend
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.