Support Officer (23-27)
Northern College is seeking a Support Officer in our Registrar department. The successful candidate will possess the ability to organize databases in order to prepare statistical reports, have extensive experience with software applications such as word-processing, spreadsheet and database packages, as well as experience supporting a broad range of senior management functions.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Registrar, the successful candidate will provide diverse administrative support to the Registrar including providing back-up for specialized departmental support roles during periods of staff absence.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate key staff to ensure daily expert records processing within the Student Information System (SIS);
- Liaise and coordinate fact-gathering and reporting;
- Consult as needed and resolving student or staff issues and elevating client enquiries as needed to the Director with fully developed case briefs;
- Assist processes including timetabling in periods of high demand or staff absence;
- Respond to enquiries concerning transcripts and other records;
- Setting, administering and promoting staff and student government attention to annual critical paths; and
- Check and reconcile reports such as Second Career or First Generation data.
A detailed job description is available from the Human Resource Services department.
What you will need to be considered:
- Two year diploma in Office Administration, Business Administration (Accounting preferred), or Information Systems Diploma or relevant equivalent; and
- 5 years of practical experience with information systems that utilize spreadsheets and database software.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.
Having trouble with the online application form? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
You can also email your application, quoting the competition # in the subject line, to email@example.com.