Writer/ Researcher (23-35)
Northern College is seeking a Writer/ Researcher in our Applied Research Entrepreneurship Innovation department. The successful candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office and survey software, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to complete literature reviews, and manage multiple projects at once. Experience with conducting applied research and using reference management software (e.g., EndNote, Mendeley etc.) is an asset.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Manager of Applied Research, Entrepreneurship and Innovation the successful candidate will conduct research for various college and departmental projects and initiatives, developing surveys and data collection tools, as well as professionally writing document content for various teams across the college.
What you will be doing:
- Complete government reporting requirements, writing proposals, documents, scripts, reports and other as well as editing/proofreading documents;
- Work with subject experts, other departments within the college, government agencies, and assisting industry with letters of support and reporting requirements;
- Develop and maintain best practices and department funding database; and
- Provide services as mediator for Northern College’s Research Ethics Board (REB).
A detailed job description is available from the Human Resource Services department.
What you will need to be considered:
- Two Year Diploma in Office or Business Administration, Professional Writing, Community/Program Development, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or equivalent; and
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in areas such as project reporting, conducting project research, budgeting, proposal development, professional writing documents such as scripts, reports, proposals, and other as well as editing/proofreading documents.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/
Careers at Northern
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members.
We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Benefits of Working at Northern
In addition, total compensation may include:
- A secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan
- Top tier group insurance benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance for employees and their family members
- Free access to our Wellness Centres (Gym)
- A corporate wellness program
- Relocation expense reimbursement
- Work from home opportunities
- Generous vacation and time off during holiday closure
- Preferred insurance rates from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Employee Assistance Program
Not seeing a job posting in your field of expertise? You can still send us your application!
Eligible applicants may be considered for unposted roles and certain part time and contract opportunities.
General applications and employment related inquiries can be sent to:
Human Resource Services
4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
P.O. Box 3211
Timmins, Ontario P4N 8R6
Thank you for your interest in working at Northern College.
Having trouble with the online application form? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
You can also email your application, quoting the competition # in the subject line, to email@example.com.