JOB POSTING: Bartender/Gym Attendant (Timmins)
Under direction of the Campus Manager- Timmins and the Student Activity Coordinator, you will provide bartending services for special events, and assist with sports & recreation for the 2023-2024 school year. Student will be responsible for greeting, helping, and monitoring the gym to maintain a safe environment. We are seeking an individual who will create a positive and inviting space to all community members, students, faculty, and staff.
CAMPUS: Timmins Campus
SALARY: $ 15.66/hr
HOURS OF WORK: 0-24 hrs/wk
START DATE: September 2023 – April 2024
CLOSING DATE: August 23, 2023
- You must be in satisfactory academic standing.
- You must be a full-time post-secondary student currently enrolled and attending classes
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Smart Serve Certification is required.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of sport, recreation, wellness programs and/or event management is an asset.
- Be available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and daytime hours.
- Assist with special events and sporting equipment set up and take down.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of activity spaces to provide positive user experience.
- Deliver quality and excellent customer service.
- Adhere to and implement campus & community recreation policies and procedures in a fair and professional manner.
- Familiarity with local liquor laws and the ability to enforce them.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please let us know. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College. There are limited positions available; not every applicant will be guaranteed an interview or position.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please fill out the online application form and upload your resume using the link below: