JOB POSTING: Student Ambassador (Timmins)
Under direction of the Campus Manager and working in collaboration with other departments in the College, Ambassadors are leaders and role models on campus who promote student life and represent Northern College as a positive, inclusive, and dynamic learning and living environment. Student Ambassadors may have the opportunity to lead effective, engaging, informative campus tours, assist with orientation, graduation, student focus groups, and various on and off campus events and activities.
CAMPUS: Timmins Campus
SALARY: $ 15.66/hr
HOURS OF WORK: 0-24 hrs/wk
START DATE: January 2024 – April 2024
CLOSING DATE: November 24, 2023
- You must be in satisfactory academic standing.
- You must be a full-time post-secondary student currently enrolled and attending classes
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Experience and familiarity with Northern College campus life
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and responsible.
- Public speaking experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective public relations skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Cross cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Ability to balance the demands of an academic workload with the requirements of the Student Ambassador role.
- Students who are a good fit for this position are approachable, knowledgeable, and open to learning about themselves and others.
- Enjoy working with others in a supportive team environment.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please let us know if selected for an interview. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College. There are limited positions available; not every applicant will be guaranteed an interview or position.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please fill out the online application form and upload your resume using the link below: