Environmental and Field Monitor – Funded
Type of Course or Program: Northern College Board Approved Program Certificate
Start Dates: September 19, 2022 to October 28, 2022
The Environmental and Field Monitor Program is designed to help participants understand the mining industry legislative requirements; best practices and standards with respect to environmental monitoring; wildlife management, data entry, reporting and the Health and Safety requirements while working with the environment.
Delivery and Important Information
This program is designed to be offered via a blended learning model.
As such delivery may include:
- In-person face-to-face instruction
- A one-week (outdoor) Field School
- On-line self-guided courses; and
- Virtual courses
Pathways to Success and Career Opportunities
Upon completion of this program, students may work in entry-level Environmental and Field Monitor roles in the Mining Sector.
Pre-requisites (may include but not be limited to):
- Future Focused – Work and Job Readiness
- Have a strong understanding of the English language
- It is recommended that applicants have a minimum of Grade 10 or equivalent; or
- Have completed a Mechanical Reasoning Test with a passing grade of 50% or more
For more information, please contact 705-235-3211 ext. 2202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.