Environmental and Field Monitor – Funded
Type of Course or Program: Northern College Board Approved Program Certificate
Program Partner: Sioux Lookout Friendship Accord
Location: Northwestern Ontario
Start Dates: August 2023
The Environmental and Field Monitor Program is designed to help participants understand the mining industry legislative requirements; best practices, and standards with respect to environmental monitoring; wildlife management, data entry, reporting and the Health and Safety requirements while working with the environment.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada i.e. Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Naturalized Canadian Citizen or Protected Person (without conditions)
- Resident of Ontario
- A seat in this program is not guaranteed. Final selection of trainees is subject to funding partner approval. Limited seats are available.
Pre-Requisites (may include but not be limited to):
- Have a strong understanding of the English language
- It is recommended that applicants have a minimum of Grade 10 or equivalent; or
- Have completed a Mechanical Reasoning Test with a passing grade of 50% or more
Delivery and Important Information
This program is designed to be offered via a blended learning model. As such delivery may include:
- In-person face-to-face instruction
- A one-week (outdoor) Field School
- On-line self-guided courses; and
- Virtual courses
Pathways to Success and Career Opportunities
Upon completion of this program, students may work in entry level Environmental and Field Monitor roles the Mining Sector.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is delivered in partnership with Sioux Lookout Friendship Accord.