Food Service Worker – Healthcare
Start Dates: September 12, 2022; October 17, 2022; November 21, 2022; December 5, 2022, January 09, 2023
This Board Approved training program provides a critical knowledge foundation for Food Service Workers in a Long Term Care or Hospital setting. It is also a pathway to employment in the food industry through providing valuable training on food safety, preparation, and nutrition.
The program will initially be delivered online asynchronously. Instructor-led teaching is an option if there is sufficient demand. This program seeks to address the staffing and training needs for dietary aides within the health care system in Ontario. The program would also assist learners looking to enter other areas of food service such as restaurants, cafeterias, hotels and daycares.
Delivery and Important Information
Participants must complete all courses to receive a certificate. Students cannot complete this program without completing all components of the program with a passing grade.
Pathways to Success and Career Opportunities
This program provides pathways to employment in the food industry providing valuable training on food safety, preparation and nutrition.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Future Focused: Work and Job Readiness
- Have interest in food preparation, safety and nutrition and a desire to work in the food service industry
- Resident of Ontario
- Grade 10 English
- 19 years of age or older or if you have earned an Ontario Secondary School
- Diploma/Ontario Secondary School Graduation diploma or Equivalent.
- Mature students will be required to complete entrance testing to participate.