Health Care Support Service Workers
Type of Course or Program: Northern College Board Approved Program Certificate
Start Dates: September 12, 2022; October 17, 2022; November 21, 2022; January 16, 2023
This Health Care Support Service worker program includes provincially mandated training combined with pandemic safety training, person-centred care, documentation, and reporting. The program also includes 30 hours of employability skills to prepare students to enter the workforce with a portfolio and soft skills that will further enable their success.
In addition to the general Health Care Support Service program, it also includes the following:
- Food Service Worker (12 weeks self-guided, asynchronous)
- Long Term Care Home Assistant through Conestoga College (5 weeks – twice a week live instructor-led course for 2 hours each)
- Workplace Ready course (asynchronous courses including Food Handler certificate and Smart Serve)
Become a long term care assistant within the health care system in Ontario:
- Food service workers
Delivery and Important Information
Content will be delivered virtually, laptops and access to Wi-Fi are required and may be available to qualifying students.
Pathways to Success and Career Opportunities
Students will be able to work in housekeeping, laundry, food service or helping hands within the Health Care Sector.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Future Focused: Work and Job Readiness
- Have interest in Long Term Care support positions and health care
- 19 years of age or older
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma/Ontario Secondary School Graduation diploma or equivalent.
- Mature students will be required to complete entrance testing to participate. Students who have not completed high school will be referred to work with Academic Upgrading to obtain their high school equivalency certificate ahead of program participation for better employment options post program completion.
For more information, please contact 705-235-3211 ext. 7231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.