Tailwind at Northern College
Tailwind aims to connect all current and prospective Northern College students with the proactive preparatory support they need to thrive at the college level.
- Experience-driven: The team has 20+ combined years of experience working in university recruitment, student success, career counselling, academic advising, social work, financial advising, therapy, and coaching.
- Student-informed and driven: Tailwind’s program, community, communications materials, and peer support counselling models are all co-inspired by past and current post-secondary students. We have a student advisory board of 10 students from across Canada who inform the development of everything we do
- Data and trend-driven: We have embedded feedback systems throughout our resources and products to allow for continuous improvement that helps our proactive support systems to be relevant.
- Built by Partnerships: We’ve partnered with both York and TMU’s Social Work Schools, whereby we have designed our programs and services in collaboration with their faculty.
I’m a student, why should I sign up?
- Speak to a Peer Support Counsellor for free
- Attend any number of Tailwind events
- Connect with resources and people in your community
- Learn strategies that will help you succeed on campus and get the most out of your experience