Northern College is seeking an Assistant, Early Childhood Educator in our Tikinagan Childcare Centre. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills as they convey written and verbal messages to parents, children,co-workers and external parties.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Moosonee Campus Manager the successful candidate is required, under the Day Nurseries Act, to maintain appropriate staff to child ratios. The incumbent assists the ECE Workers with supervising the children and maintaining a quality and safe daycare environment.
What you will be doing:
- Assist the ECE Workers with the supervision of children in the playrooms, playground, gymnasium and other areas visited from time to time;
- Assist the ECE Workers in implementing planned programming activities that enhance the children’s development;
- Meet parents and children on arrival and departure to and from the day care; and
- Assist the ECE Worker in the developmental assessment of individual children.
A detailed job description is available from the Human Resource Services department.
What you will need to be considered:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent;
- One (1) year experience working in a licensed daycare centre and/or with children ages 15 months to 6yrs;
- First Aid/ CPR Certificate
- Ability to provide proof of required immunizations; and
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/