Your graduation documents need be accurate in every detail, reliably reflecting your academic record, and supportive of college and program accreditation.
Graduation preparations include your official transcript, your program certificate, diploma or degree, and certain other items in specific cases such as a program completion letter, Health Sciences pin, and even a correctly addressed envelope for delivery.
- Students attending their convocation ceremony, obtain their graduation documents at that time.
- Students not attending their graduation ceremony are mailed documents on the next business day following the ceremony date. Please make sure you update your Canadian mailing address in your account of the Student Portal – log into your student account and see left hand menu.
Delivery & Mailing Timelines
For graduates not attending the convocation ceremony, documents are delivered by mail. The entire document delivery process takes about 20 business days or approximately a month, which is very typical among post-secondary institutions world-wide, plus mail delivery time.
Upon the final day of your program (last day of exams, placement or co-op, or extension) the documentation process will begin. Please expect up to 20 business days for production of your official graduation documents. Mail delivery follows convocation ceremonies for those not in attendance. Documents are mailed from the college by regular post.
- Delivery time within campus regions is typically a week.
- Delivery time within the Toronto region is typically about two weeks.
Please Plan Ahead: It takes about 6 to 8 weeks to receive your college documents by mail. Be sure your address, program requirements, payments, pathway institution deadlines, employer needs, or study permit timelines are all in order for ideal document delivery.
How Documents Get Delayed
- Wrong address. Please make sure you update your Canadian mailing address in your account of the Student Portal – log into your student account and see left hand menu.
- Outstanding payment. The College Academic Policy #A-7 Convocation Requirements states that students with outstanding fees will not receive an official transcript or certificate/diploma. Use the Student Portal to check for your balance owing and to pay it.
- Delayed final grade. Due to extension of assignment, exam re-write, placement, or co-op, your final grade may be delayed. Be sure to let your Coordinator know when you have fully completed your program.
Timelines for Delivery of Official Graduation Documents from the Office of the Registrar
|Day 1 to 9
|Day 10 to 12
|Day 13 to 19
|After Final Day of Exams, Placement, or Co-op, grades are submitted by professors, reviewed, and recorded.
|Grades and Unofficial Transcripts become available in your Student Account
|Production of Official Graduation documents (i.e. Transcript, Diploma, Completion Letter, and others) begin, including review and signature by the Office of the Registrar.
|Official Graduation documents are mailed out.
Please expect a minimum of 2-4 weeks for delivery
Documentation for Jobs, Studies & Visas: Unofficial transcripts will be available in your student portal about two weeks following the final day of your program (last day of exams, placement or co-op, or extension). This is acceptable for most employer requests and will suffice temporarily if an employer requires an official transcript or diploma.
If you require official graduation documents for a job application, college or university application, or a work permit, please note these document delivery timelines to plan for your post-graduation activity.
Work Permits & Extending Your Study Permit: If your study permit expires shortly after your graduation, request an extension as soon as possible from IRCC in order to remain compliant with immigration requirements and stress-free in the several weeks before you receive your documents and complete your work permit application.