Deferrals, Withdrawals & Refunds
Withdrawal & Refunds
Visa Refusal Deadline
Students whose visas are refused may apply for a refund (subject to a $500 fee).
In order to qualify for the refund:
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with attached IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada refusal document
- Complete the refund request form that is provided in response to your email
International students who are voluntarily withdrawing for reasons other than visa refusal may be considered for a partial refund. In order to request consideration:
- Submit request via OCAS IAS portal
- Email email@example.com
The deadline to withdraw with refund for Spring 2023 Intake is Tuesday, May 16, 2023 (Day 10 of the semester).
There will be no refund of international health insurance fees after May 31, 2023. Non-refunded insurance is valid anywhere in Canada after withdrawal.
Spring 2023 semester deferral deadline is Tuesday, May 16, 2023.
Provided that there are still seats available for your program of choice in the next available intake or for any alternative programs. Deferral requests will be processed basing on First Come, First Serve basis. Deferral requests after this deadline will be assessed case by case and there is no guarantee that the request will be approved.
Deferral Process & Information
- Please submit your deferral request through OCAS IAS
- Any deferral request is encouraged to be submitted as early as possible. There’s no guarantee that there will be seats available as we near the deferral deadline.
- Students can be deferred only once to the next available intake without paying another $100 application fee if they wish to study with Northern when their visa is delayed and that there is still a seat available for the program or for any alternative program by that point in time.
- A deferral must occur within one year from their visa refusal date and/or from the original admitted program start date. Each student can only be deferred once per college application.
- Any other deferral request in that year will not be accepted. Students will have to re-apply for the program if they wish to study at Northern again.