Transfer Within Northern – Internal Transfers
Internal Transfer Credits
To apply for Internal Transfer Credits, first meet with the Program Coordinator from your program of choice, who will verify the course equivalencies.
Then, complete the Request for Advanced Standing (Internal) application through your online student account portal. Use only one application for each transfer credit you are requesting. There are no fees for applying for internal transfer credits
Once you’ve submitted your requests, consult with the Pathways Officer at email@example.com or 705-235-3211 ext. 2190.
- Minimum grade requirements and currency of curriculum will be considered in the decision.
- Generally, transfer credits will only be granted for courses completed within the last five (5) years.
- The grade achieved in the original course will be calculated in your GPA.
- Decisions will be communicated to the student by the Pathways Officer.
Internal Program Pathways
Many of our programs start with one year certificates, but did you know that you may have the options to continue on? Discover your options and take a look at how your education with Northern can steer you on the path to a two or three year diploma.
Discover all the programs you can can transfer within!
Post-Secondary Preparation Programs
Veterinary Sciences Programs
Health Sciences & Emergency Services Programs
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
- Personal Support Worker
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Pre-Service Firefighter Education And Training
Community Services Programs
Important for All Advanced Standing Requests
Students MUST continue to attend classes in the course until a decision has been made. The decisions and/or grades assessed by the Academic staff are final and are not subject to appeal. Should a student’s status drop from full-time to part-time, as a result of transfer credits, they are encouraged to meet with their program coordinator to select other courses (if possible) to add to their timetable. A change in status can affect funding from OSAP.