Transfer Within Northern – Internal Transfers

Transfer Within Northern

Already have courses completed at Northern College? Take the credits you’ve earned with us and turn them into more with Northern!

If you are a current Northern student and want to transfer into another program, are a Northern graduate coming back to further your studies, or if you’ve completed some courses with us and want to return to your studies at Northern, Internal Transfer Credits allow you to continue your journey with us.

Internal Transfer Credits

To apply for Internal Transfer Credits, first meet with the Program Coordinator from your program of choice, who will verify the course equivalencies.

Then, complete the Request for Advanced Standing (Internal) application through your online student account portal. Use only one application for each transfer credit you are requesting. There are no fees for applying for internal transfer credits

Once you’ve submitted your requests, consult with the Pathways Officer at or 705-235-3211 ext. 2190.

Log In to Student Account


More Information

  • Minimum grade requirements and currency of curriculum will be considered in the decision.
  • Generally, transfer credits will only be granted for courses completed within the last five (5) years.
  • The grade achieved in the original course will be calculated in your GPA.
  • Decisions will be communicated to the student by the Pathways Officer.

Internal Program Pathways

One Year Certificates and Beyond!

Many of our programs start with one year certificates, but did you know that you may have the options to continue on? Discover your options and take a look at how your education with Northern can steer you on the path to a two or three year diploma.

Discover all the programs you can can transfer within!

Important for All Advanced Standing Requests

Students MUST continue to attend classes in the course until a decision has been made. The decisions and/or grades assessed by the Academic staff are final and are not subject to appeal. Should a student’s status drop from full-time to part-time, as a result of transfer credits, they are encouraged to meet with their program coordinator to select other courses (if possible) to add to their timetable. A change in status can affect funding from OSAP.

Back To Top