Program Specific Admissions Packages
Computers and Laptops
Northern College requires all students to have their own laptop computer. The College’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program is mandatory for all students.
NOTE: the following links below will open a pdf document.
Bring Your Own Device Policies:
Please note that ChromeBooks and other Tablets are not sufficient devices to be able to perform all required tasks as a Northern College student.
- Intel I5 or equivalent processor. For Engineering Technology, Intel I7 or equivalent processor
- Minimum 4GB of RAM. For Engineering Technology, Minimum 12GB of RAM (12-16 GB recommended)
- Minimum 256 GB HD. For Engineering Technology, Minimum 512 GB HD
- Minimum of 2 full size USB ports. For Engineering Technology, HDMI port as well.
- Wireless 802.11ac dual band 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Built-in webcam and microphone
- Windows 10 or 11
- 2 year warranty (optional, but recommended)
- 4-6 hours of battery life (optional, but recommended)